Monday, December 04, 2006









Here are some pictures of my kitties! I had to leave them behind when I moved out and I miss them! Luckily, I'm only an hour or so away, so I can still visit! The first picture is of Bear Bear. He's 13 or 14 years old; I can never remember exactly! We've had him since kitten-hood. The next one is Chester. He's the biggest of his four siblings shown below. Next one down is Harry, followed by sisters Peanut, Baby, and Taylor. They're all 6 years old. Their mom was a beautiful black cat named Mya. She was our neighbor's cat but when they failed to care for her, we took her in. Actually, it was more like she invited herself in! Not long after, we found out she was pregnant. And the rest is history! Sadly, Mya passed away 5 years ago from an
unknown illness. Shortly after Mya's passing, we brought home Biscotti from the local animal shelter we volunteered at. The Blond Bombshell, as my dad calls him, cried in his cage until he was hoarse. We couldn't resist! At about the same time, I convinced my mom to bring home Sarah. She had a bad eye injury, probably as a result of an animal attack, and would have to have surgery. Now she's our little one-eyed princess, the kitchen being her castle. The latest addition to our feline family is Patches. She was being used as a mouser in a barn where my uncle rented space. She was a sweet little kitten, definitely not cut out for mousing, and went as far as hitching a ride home with her previous owner. After much begging and pleading, Patches came home with us. She lives in my old basement room because the other cats don't get along with her. She was my roommate for a few years and it was difficult leaving her! But I still get to have patch-ama parties with her! I can't imagine life without kitties! I now have a whole new family of furry and feathered friends at my new home! I'll let you know about them a little later.

No comments: